Osborn Child Nutrition is committed to providing healthy foods with the highest quality ingredients to the students of our district.
We have implemented a clean-label initiative, in partnership with the Life Time Foundation, which helps schools remove what it calls the Harmful 7 from students breakfast and lunch menus:
- Trans Fats and Hydrogenated Oils
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Hormones and Antibiotics in Animal Production
- Added and Artificial Sweeteners
- Artificial Colors and Flavors
- Artificial Preservatives
- Bleached Flour
Our team of dedicated food and nutrition professionals supports students academic success and promotes healthful eating habits that lead to lifelong positive nutrition practices.
Hooray 4 Healthy is a complimentary nutrition curriculum for 1st through 4th grade students, to help fill the gap in early childhood nutrition education. Hooray 4 Healthy consists of four engaging, kid-friendly cartoon videos focused on nutrition and one fun physical activity video. Each video ranges from two to four minutes and is designed to help kids understand the benefits of eating healthy and being active. The program also includes teacher and parent support guides to extend learning to the home. Any school or parent can get more information and access the full, complimentary curriculum at hooray4healthy.org.
The Good Food Fight is our parent advocacy program that provides individuals and families with a toolkit to help them eliminate the Harmful 7 from their homes. By joining at www.thegoodfoodfight.org, people can learn about the Harmful 7 and the Life Time Foundation. Some of our tools include:
- Harmful 7 Cheat Sheet to learn about the Harmful 7, what the concern is, and where they may be found
- Harmful 7 Free Recipes and Nutrition Guide to help build healthy meals
- 7 Steps to Eliminating the Harmful 7 – a support guide walking through how to eliminate the Harmful 7 from their own pantries and plates
- Social media toolkit to share The Good Food Fight with their social communities